When the nerve of your tooth becomes infected, a successful root canal treatment lets you keep the tooth rather than having to pull it out. Saving your tooth using root canal treatment helps to prevent your other teeth from drifting out of line and causing jaw problems. A common misconception that prevents people from undergoing root canal treatment is that it doesn’t last very long. According to Ridgetop Dental International’s expert dentists in Bangalore root canal treatment can save your natural tooth and allow you to keep it functional for decades if proper care is taken. Here’s how.
Factors that make your root canal treatment last longer:
- One factor that can influence how long a treated tooth will last is how soon the tooth is restored following the root canal procedure: The sooner it receives a permanent filling or crown, the longer it is likely to last.
- Another factor is whether or not the underlying infection has spread into the bone of the jaw: A tooth that has received RCT promptly, before the infection has had a chance to spread, is likely to have greater longevity. The patients who visit Ridgetop Dental International for root canal treatment in Bangalore receive the best quality and timely treatment that ensures their tooth remains functional for years.
- Front teeth, which are used for cutting, have single roots (and canals) and are both easier to access and treat. They also receive less biting force than the back teeth. The back teeth, which by contrast are used for chewing, have two or three roots and therefore more root canals; they are more difficult to access and are more complicated to treat.
- It’s important to place crowns on root canal treated teeth to cover and protect them from undue stress, which will increase their longevity.
- One should not chew or bite on the treated tooth until you have had it restored by your general dentist because your tooth could fracture.
Professional guidance about root canal therapy helps patients make an informed decision regarding their teeth. Visit Ridgetop Dental International Pvt Ltd today to meet the best endodontists and best orthodontists in Bangalore who will help you decide the most appropriate options to save your beautiful smile.
For more information, visit- http://www.ridgetopdental.in/