Gum recession is a problem which not just affects the looks of a person but also causes progressive loss of gum tissue, which can eventually result in tooth root exposure if left untreated. Since, the changes in gum occur gradually, it is very difficult to diagnose the problem in early stages. Regular visit to a good dental clinic like Ridgetop Dental International’s Dental Clinic in Bangalore can help detecting the problem early. Apart from this, here are some things that should be done in such cases.
What is gum recession?
Gum recession is the process in which the margin of the gum tissue that surrounds the teeth wears away, or pulls back, exposing more of the tooth, or the tooth’s root.
What are the symptoms of gum recession?
- Teeth become sensitive: When the gums recede enough to expose the cementum protecting the tooth root, teeth become sensitive.
- Roots become visible.
- Teeth appear longer: Individuals experiencing gingival recession often have a toothy smile.
- Inflammation and gum bleeding.
How to prevent gum recession?
- Hard brushing which often leads to the problem; should be avoided at all cost. Flossing should also be done carefully. Visit Ridgetop Dental International’s best dental surgeons in Bangalore, to get expert tips on brushing and flossing your teeth properly.
- Gum grafting might be needed to increase the zone of attached gingiva or gum tissue; you may even want to consider covering the roots of your teeth.
- Try not to eat or drink anything for a couple of hours after meal each day, in order to give your teeth time to interact with un-diluted, natural saliva.
- Consider orthodontic therapy to realign your teeth into proper position, which can also increase the zone of gum tissue, suggest Ridgetop Dental International’s best orthodontists in Bangalore.
- Wear a night guard each night to reduce stress on your teeth when sleeping.
Gum recession is considered a serious condition because it often leads to complicated dental problems. Without attention from a good dentist you may face severe tooth problems and even tooth loss. So, schedule an appointment today with Ridgetop Dental International Pvt Ltd’s experts to ensure timely action and best treatment for your dental problems.
To know more, visit- http://www.ridgetopdental.in/