The pure innocence, love, and joy that comes from a child’s smile is magnificent, but often when a baby sprouts his/her first teeth, he may become irritable, cranky all of a sudden. This period of a baby’s life when his/her first teeth start to emerge is known as teething period. Although, for some babies, teething is not a problem, while others become fussy and experience symptoms such as pain, rash, mild fever, and difficulty eating. Here is a useful article on teething problems and their solutions, brought to you by Ridgetop Dental International Pvt Ltd’s best dentists in Bangalore.
At what age teething occurs?
Teething normally starts at around 5-6 months in a child. However, this may vary from kid to kid, as in some kids the process of teething starts very early where as some take a little more time. The rate and order of emerging teeth also varies from baby to baby. It is important to have the first visit to the dentist by age one or within six months after the first tooth erupts to establish preventive strategies and make sure dental development is progressing normally, advise Ridgetop Dental International’s pediatric dentists in Bangalore.
What are the most common symptoms of teething?
Symptoms of teething often occur a few days (or even weeks) before the tooth comes through the gum. Common symptoms and signs include:
- Red and swollen gums.
- Red flushed cheek or face.
- Rubbing their ears on the same side as the tooth which is coming through.
- Dribbling more than usual.
- Waking more at night and generally being more unsettled.
- Inconsistent feeding.
- Rubbing their gums, biting, chewing or sucking more.
There is little evidence that fever (temperature) and mild diarrhea is caused by teething. Teething should not cause your child to become severely unwell.
How to alleviate the symptoms?
- Use cold teething rings or something soft (and safe) so they can chew and help them to feel better.
- Tylenol is ok in appropriate dosages if the child is particularly grumpy or has a low-grade fever; but it is always advisable to consult a good pediatric dentist before starting any treatment.
Let teething problems not affect your child’s beautiful smile. If you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, visit an expert dentist to ensure healthy teeth development in your child. Ridgetop Dental International Pvt Ltd has the best pediatric dentists, cosmetic dentists and orthodontists in Bangalore to take care of your complete family’s dental needs.
To know more, visit-http://www.ridgetopdental.in/