Metal amalgam fillings have been a standard in dentistry for a long time. However, metal fillings come with some drawbacks. The metal can have cosmetic effects as it causes discoloration and black patches on your teeth. This compromises not only your teeth but also your smile. Moreover, metal contracts expand with temperature changes. This can fracture or damage your teeth. Microscopic cracks may go unnoticed, causing pain or get infected, leading to more complicated issues.
Consequently, dentists in Koramangala have started using white fillings that are made from dental composite martial. This substance is friendly to your teeth. The fillings are designed to match the color of your teeth. This ensures that aside from the benefits of proper tooth function, you will also have a natural smile.
If your old metal fillings have started to stain your teeth or you are not satisfied with them, you can consider replacing them with white fillings. If you have a teeth problem and need fillings for the first time, opt for white fillings. Skilled dentists at Ridgetop Dental clinic in Koramangala, Bangalore can help you out.
White fillings come with numerous advantages.
- Color: White fillings are tinted to match the shade of the surrounding teeth. It helps you to have a seamless smile.
- No Reaction to Temperature Change: White fillings are made with composite material and they do not expand or contract with changes in temperature. White fillings are also non-reactive and that enables you to eat and drink anything you want. However, you should not be careless with them as your eating habits are largely responsible for the health of your teeth.
- Strong: White fillings are directly attached to your teeth with a curing light that creates a strong bond with your teeth. It makes them less likely to come loose or fall out. The bond also prevents tooth decay by completely filling up the space between your tooth and filling.
- Protected Tooth Structure: If you are replacing your old metal fillings, then white fillings can come in handy as the procedure does not need any alteration of the tooth structure.
- Mercury-Free: Mercury is present in most metal fillings. Mercury is extremely harmful to human health. On the other hand, white fillings are mercury-free and do not present a potential health risk for you.
This list only illustrates some of the benefits of composite material over metals. Consult your dentist to help you evaluate your needs. Always remember that with proper care and regular visits to your dentist in Bangalore, you may never have the need for a filling. Should you ever need it, white fillings are the obvious and superior choice